So, it’s finally 2017, Happy New Year again! And just like that the holidays are over *sobsob*
But hey, 364 days are in front of us to make the best of. Plus plenty public holidays too, YAY!
I know we have our new year resolutions all laid out, goals clearly spelled etc. I have loads, and No, dieting is not one of them. Last year, I finally came to the realization that my relationship with food is too tight, too important to allow anything come between us. Infact, if you follow me on Instagram, you know food is part of my purpose – eating food, cooking food, writing food, teaching food, talking food etceteram etceteram! But I realize that health is needed to actualize that food purpose so I made three important adjustments to my food obsession:
- No sugar (okay, let me tell the truth and shame the devil – reduced sugar)
- Smaller food portions composed of all food groups
- No late meals
And so far, so good. I lost weight and feel so great. YAY!
Where was I before I got distracted with food talk? Yes – New Year Resolutions!
I’m not here to talk about how to follow through on your goals, I’m still trying to figure that out myself – I can procastinate for Africa. I’m here to remind you of other equally important things as you are pursuing your goals this year
- Spend time with God. Every. Single. Day.
- Spend time with your family. Every. Single. Day.
- Spend time with yourself. Every. Single. Day.
- Hangout with your spouse
- Spend time with your parents and siblings. Call and gist
- Have sex
- Cook together with your family. It’s great for bonding
- Eat together with your family. It’s great for bonding
- Have more sex
- Take time out
- Hangout with friends
- Make new friends, online and off
- Have regular medical checkups
- Have a little bit more sex
- Make mistakes, learn
- Feel free to forget and block out users. Lose their number
- Be selfish. It’s okay to put yourself first
- Be silly. Be childlike. Be true. Be honest
- Be kind
- Spend some money. Misers are miserable people
- Save some money. Spendthrifts always lack
- Ask questions. Grow in knowledge
- Be true to yourself
- Be daring
- Be bold to say NO
- Be bold to say YES
- Follow lagoshousewife. Blog. Instagram. Facebook. Twitter.
- Above all – BE HAPPY!
From me to you – Happy New Year, may 2017 be a great year to you and yours!